Tuesday, September 27, 2011

hand holding- its not just for hippies.

Well hello there interwebs, I havent blogged in quite a few days, more like months but who is really counting. Anyways so of course the reason I decide to is that I had a thought and I want you to know it so here it goes:

Me being the great pacifist/humanitarian  of the 21st century that I am, I was thinking about how people show affection, I thought of the more serious ways sex, public groping, bromances, kissing, grabbing/slapping of the buttocks, etc. Then I thought to my self, self there are alot of ways to show some you care. So self said back to me, what is before all these other things that you see people do that sparks the constant back forth of affection sharing.... a simple touch. For me I was more thinking of how it works in a relationship and 9 out of 10 times, the affection rituals begin with simple hand holding. Now by now this sounds like a spastic shot gun blast of a thought... but stick with me and ill make a point eventually.  For those of you that are romantically involved think of the first time you and your significant other went on a date, watch a movie awkwardly on your parents couch... what was the first thing you did to show that person that u liked them, besides make a stupid comment on how nicely their shoes were tied, you more then likely held hands with them, and I bet the birds sang and the sun shined down upon the moment and all was right with the world, correct? Why is that? It is simple, holding hands gives a sense of stability, trust, caring, fellowship. We feel like nothing is the matter, as long as that person never lets go. Think of all the different situations happy and sad that you see people holding hands, when some passes on, we hold hands to let those who are struggling most that with out saying a word we are there. When we are in pain, we hold someones hand to let them no that they will be ok, when we are date/married to someone we hold hand not only to show affection, but to tell others that you and that person have a bond unlike any other in your life, you hold hands when you pray to feel a sense of reverence and community.

So hear is my point, Next time you hold hands with someone , think of what you are really saying to them and cherish that person, for they ultimately feel the same way for you.

Keep it classy and safe,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment